A little glitter...

...goes a long way. We have a few colors of the beautiful Doodlebug Designs Sugar Coated Cardstock. The entire sheet is covered with fine glitter and it really is gorgeous. It hit me the other day that the Limeade green color would be peferct for Tinkerbell's dress. And since we have the Tinkerbell & Friends cricut cartridge, I went to work.
I have to admit that Tink can be frustrating to cut, mostly her eyes. Try to cut her at at least 5 inches tall. First I cut her shadow outline from black, and her dress from the glittered green paper. I cut the rest of the elents for her from white paper. There was 2 reasons for this. One, I didn't have the right skin & hair colored paper, but I knew I had skin & hair colored markers, as well as colors for her eyes and lips. Second, I had lots of sheets of white paperon hand for any mis-cutting that might happen.
I used Copic markers for the coloring of her skin, hair, eyes, & lips, but you could use whatever you have on hand, including chalks! She really sparkles in her glittery dress, but it's hard to capture that sparkle in a photograph. I also added half inch strips of the Doodlebug Designs Sugar Coated Cardstock just above and below the photos. I just love how this turned out!
Supply list:
Doodlebug Designs Sugar Coated Cardstock in Limeade
BoBunny DoubleDot Cardstock in Mint & Aquamarine
KaiserCraft Penelope (black & white pattern) paper
Black cardstock
White cardstock
Scalloped border punch
White brads
Markers
I would love to see what you create with this glittery paper!

No comments:

Post a Comment