Scrapbooking News

I spend a lot of time on the internet doing scrapbooking and stamping research. I look up things like the newest scrapbooking products, new techniques, templates for projects, etc. Today, I came across some interesting tidbits.
  • Memory Makers Magazine is ceasing publication this fall and the Memory Makers Masters contest is canceled. As far as I can tell, there is no definite plan as to what they are going to do about fulfilling subscriptions. You can read more HERE.
  • On a more positive note, Scrapbook Trends Magazine is trying something new. They are offering digital subscriptions at a much lower cost than the printed magazine. I have to say I always loved their magazine, but found it painful to shell out $15 for a single copy. You can see the new digital pricing HERE, and the pricing to receive all their magazines is a bargain.
  • Over the last many months, I have seen ProvoCraft being blasted on many blogs and message boards. Provo Craft president/CEO Jim Thornton finally addressed some of the issues on the company's message board. One thing that I did not see addressed is why cartridges are taking so long to be released to stores after they are shown at the trade shows like CHA. The newest set of releases, which included the Hannah Montana and SpongeBob licensed cartridges, won't be arriving until sometime in June, almost 6 months after they were introduced. Hopefully, they can get things straightened out, because we love their products.
The scrapbooking and papercrafting world is an ever evolving one. There seem to be many changes coming quickly now. I will try to keep updating you with important industry news as I find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment