Product Review- Memento Ink in Tuxedo Black

I have searched long and far for a great black ink for stamping. With so many brands out there, it might be hard to choose which kind of ink to use. Dye inks soak right into the paper and dry quickly, while pigment inks sit on top and may need to be heat set before they dry. There are also hybrid and permanent inks made for non porous surfaces. The kind of ink you use depends on the effect you are looking to achieve.
My personal preference is for a dye ink, specifically one that will let me use my favorite Copic markers or colored pencils without smearing. I also like an ink to have a full, even coverage.
My favorite by far is
Tsukineko's Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I use the dew drop size, both for it's convenience and inexpensive price.
The Manufacturer's site says:
"Memento™ dye ink is fast drying and fade resistant. Compactly sized, with both a round end and an elongated tip, the Dew Drops are colorful, collectible and free standing. The innovative pad delivers finer impressions and exceptionally even coverage."
Over the last few months I have found this to be my go to ink for almost every stamping project. I first read about it in this review here. Check out the performance level of this ink against other inks when used with different brands of markers in the review. Since reading about it, I noticed a lot of cards and projects in magazines are using this ink. I gave it a try and couldn't be happier. It works amazingly well with my Copics, especially if I heat set it. I have watercolored with it even and had no smearing. I have also been using it it my Stamp of the month classes the last few months and everyone seems happy with it.
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink in the Dew Drop sized pad is in stock now at Studio Getaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment