January Getaway Girl

We are excited to start something new at Studio Getaway. We have started a design team, with the goal of bringing you great ideas and inspiration throughout the year. Our first Getaway Girl is Skye Devoe. She is taking on ideas for cardmaking and scrapbooking, with Valentine's Day as the focus.

Here is her interview:
Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I am a mom of two very rambunctious boys and married to a tattooed mailman for almost 14 years. My husband and I both grew up on Cheyenne, Wyoming and moved to Owatonna 9 years ago. I started scrapbooking almost 12 years ago.
Describe your style.
My style is definitely shabby chic and lots of layers. I love to have dimension on my pages and cards! I used to be scared to add brads, buttons, foam dots, and other 3-D embellishments to my projects, but now I don’t feel a projects is done if it’s flat.
Which companies or brands are your favorite?
Lately, I have been loving everything from BoBunny, and their DoubleDot cardstock is my first choice when I start a project.
And anyone who knows me knows I have an obsession with Copic Markers. I love coloring stamped images and they are the best! I have quite a collection!
What are some of your favorite techniques?
I really like hand cutting. The trick is to move the paper instead of the scissors while cutting. Also great pair of sharp small scissors, like CutterBee‘s.
What tips would you like to share with others who scrapbook or make cards?
1. Look at your stash! We all seem to forget what we already have and what you might be looking for is in your stash. You might even be able to alter an ebellishment with marker of paint to make it work.
2. Craft with friends. I’m always amazed at the ideas we bounce off of each other.
3. Surf blogs for ideas. If you feel stuck, head to the computer for inspiration. But also set a time limit, or you might not get anything done.
Where do you do your crafting? Is your space clean or messy?
I have a small room in my house where I can do my crafting. Although I have lots of organizers, the desktop is always a mess. I try to tidy up about once a week or so. I usually work late at night and don’t tidy up before bedtime and save it for the morning.
What is your favorite tool?
I love my Cuttlebug and Spellbinders Nestibilities dies. I use them on most of my cards.
But one of my favorite tools is my computer. That’s where I find so many great ideas!
Other than scrapbooking and photography, do you have additional hobbies?
I am also a photographer, and love playing in Photoshop. I also spend way too much time on the computer!

Stayed tuned to see what projects Skye has come up with for January!

No comments:

Post a Comment